- Phosphates- Problems and How to Remove Them From Your Pool
- Swimming Pool Filters: Filter Media Options : Sand vs Zeolite vs Glass Filter Media
- Can Rainwater Tanks Cause Disease Outbreaks like Dengue Fever?
- Which Pool Cleaner should you buy for your Pool?
- How to Make your Pool Cover and Equipment last longer
How to Backwash your Sand Filter
If you have just installed or have moved into a house with a Sand Filter and you have never used one before, then this will help you.
How to Backwash your Sand Filter - Simple Instructions
Important: Always turn the pump off between moving valve handle
- Turn your pump off at the pool main power supply
- Press the valve handle down and turn to the backwash position
- Turn power supply on to start the pump, the water will exit the pool via the backwash pipe/hose
- Keep this running until when looking at the sight glass (normally a clear bulb or clear connection pipe on valve) the water has become clear this could take up to 2-3 mins depending on the state of the pool
- Turn power supply off
- Press and turn the handle to the rinse position
- Turn pump on, rinse the sand for about 20 secs
- Turn pump off at power supply
- Press and rotate handle back filter position
- Turn power back on
This should be done on average monthly or whenever the gauge goes over 100psi